Tuesday 31 July 2012

THE GUYVER - REBORN

The Guyver
I remember when I was a kid, my first experience with Anime was "The Guyver - Biobooster Armour."  It was the embodiment of violence.  Man, it was great!  "Is all of Anime like this?"  The next anime I saw was "Baoh the Visitor."  Holy moly, it was just as violent!  Anyway, it's been a long time since its release in 1991, and I thought I'd pay homage to it with this piece.  It's unreferenced, but is my rendition of how I remember the first video box cover.  It was spectacular!

Guyver Studies 2
Guyver Alternate
I remember seeing that video box cover at the local "Trenz N' Video" rental store, and I fell in love with it.  It literally was something to awe over.  The fire, the blue mask; it was nuts!  They never had all the episodes there, only video one and two.  And I never even got to see the second video.  Watching it back, I thought it'd be garbage.  But even now, it retains remarkable qualities.  Anyway, to all those Guyver fans, this is my present to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment